Our experienced, certified tennis professionals hail from a variety of backgrounds and teaching experiences.
With a wealth of skills and knowledge, they qualify to teach children and adults, beginners to advanced.
Their collective experience includes active league and tournament play, college coaching, and management.
All of our professional teaching staff have a minimum four-year college degree. Personal studies cover a broad-range:
Education, English, Journalism, Psychology, Physical Education, Recreation, Leadership.
Fort Sanders Health & Fitness Center tennis professionals:
Carolyn Gentry – Tennis Manager
- Tennis player since age 10; Tennis teacher since age 16
- Member of Covenant Health management since 1991
- Past management positions with Centra Health, Tennis Corporation of America,
Smith Club Management
- Assistant Director of Tennis at Pinehurst Resort under Australian Tennis professional
Terry Addison and the Australian Tennis Institute
- Staff professional at Dennis Van der Meer Tennis University
- B.S in Education – University of Virginia
- M.S in English as a Second Language – University of Tennessee
"I love teaching all ages and abilities. I want to give my students a blend of technical instruction
with strategy and psychology."
Mario Dorado - Tennis Professional
- Teaching since 1987 in clubs and resorts in Kentucky, Indiana, and Florida
- Two-time TSSAA District Tennis Coach of the Year
- Coached 3.0 Volvo Women’s team to a National Title in 1988
- Business Administration degree- Idaho State University
- B.A. Foreign Language Education – Austin Peay State University
"I feel blessed that I can make a living teaching tennis. It has allowed me to help others, keep me healthy, and because of it, I'm a life-long student of the sport."
Joey Hall - Tennis Professional
- USPTA – P1 certified / PTR certified – professional rating
- 2012 USPTA TN President
- USTA / ITA certified umpire
- Tennis teacher since 1994
- Five years college coach at MTSU
- Created an international tennis camp in Anguilla, British West Indies
- B.S. in Journalism / Minors in History & Athletic Coaching – Middle Tennessee State University
"Tennis has taken me a lot of places to do a lot of things and has brought a lot of enjoyment
to my life. I hope I can bring the same enjoyment to everyone I teach and that they all know
Jenn Morgan – Junior Tennis Instructor
- PTR Certified, Junior Development
- Tennis teacher since 2011, Knoxville TN
- B.A. in Public Affairs – Southern Methodist University
Brian Perry – Tennis Professional
- USPTA / PTR certified – professional rating
- 2012 USPTA TN 2nd Vice President
- Tennis teacher since 1998
- Two years college coaching at Shorter University in Rome, GA
- Coached numerous collegiate players to national rankings
- B.S. in Physical Education – Union University
- M.A. in Leadership – Shorter University
"I enjoy creating an environment where the student has a wonderful experience, so that
when they leave the Fitness Center they are already looking forward to their next visit."